Monday, March 24, 2008

When the Easter Bunny Comes - Go Ice Skating!!



I think the only rink in town that is open 364 days a week is Valley (the only day they close is Christmas - I don't know why... but anyway) and so there I headed Sunday morning knowing:

1. No one would be there because it is Easter and people probably assume they are closed.

2. That no one would be there because they never advertise their schedule in any way, shape or form and

3. That the weekend zamboni-guy would be making the best ice that he could given the general circumstances of the rolling ice at the rink that is Valley.

And so I was right - although a few more people showed up than I would have expected including my coach and one of her younger students! So there was me, another adult who is testing soon (gotta get that extra practice in you know!), a dance team and then maybe one or two families coming to skate on Easter Morning.

And so it was a happy time generally and the ice was decent, although still very very hilly - everywhere!! The ice in-between the hills was good and I even could do some figures, which was nice.

Not sure about the rest of the week, though - I heard a rumor that there would be a group coming in for the morning public and so I called this evening to make sure. The guy on the phone didn't know what was happening since he doesn't work in the morning. I asked him to if he could possibly look at the schedule... - and so he did and then said that there would be 250 coming in for Wednesday morning!! That is a lot of skaters!!

I think I will call tomorrow just to make sure - and then... go to Lloyd Cente? Mt. View? Take some time off?

I don't know... we shall see... but sometimes you just have to wait and see I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mountain View was empty from 6-7am this morning.

Lauren Zell