Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break Comes Early to the Lloyd Center Ice Rink!!!

So what if Spring Break doesn't really happen until next week? At the Lloyd Center ice-rink spring break pretty much started this week because of people coming from other parts of the country where they were having their spring break.


Oh well, the ice was still good and as long as I wasn't looking for figure-ice (ice for doing figures) it was fine - mostly just coming in for a short period of time practicing a little and getting a little exercise. Having the "free" publics (because I'm taking a class) is a great opportunity to just try skating a little during the day instead of feeling like I have to "get my money's worth" by spending as much time as physically possible on the ice (usually in my case, about 90 minutes, give or take).


I should have called first this afternooon because they were having a "broomball" session which kind of interrupted the regular public session. I really don't get how those broomball people don't fall - I certainly would!!!


And yes, I still miss my friends at Valley. And the ability to control the music. That is nice over there.


Another redundant post from your redundant reporter.


Next week: looking for ice - spring break will make things more difficult, that's for sure. Can I give up this addiction? Hmm, probably not but may go trolling over to the Adult sessions over at Mt. View (unless of course I have to work... bummer!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck finding decent ice at Lloyd next week. Early mornings are going to be your best bet. :)