Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sherwood - Gearing up for Sectionals!



Well, my videographer, "Skatecam" didn't show up today so I don't have a video of my 3s to show you all. I wanted to see them, too before the big competition this weekend! Oh well, I have to rely on how they feel and the feedback I've gotten from my coach and her compatriot.

The place is really gearing up for the competition this weekend. Some people have already come in from out of town and skaters from the northern region (Vancouver, WA) came to test-drive the rink before the hoards come in for official practice ice starting late tomorrow afternoon. It was great to see two ice-dance teams, a couple of adult free-stylers and another "figures" skater, plus some regular recreational skaters all share the ice.

A member of one of the dance teams asked if it was always this cold at the rink and wondered whether they would turn up the heat for the competition. I have always experienced this rink as very cold and when we judge here they always give us blankets and yet we freeze. So no, I don't think they will turn up the heat, although with a LOT of people in the arena maybe there will be some body-heat generated. Also later in the day it may get warmer... I don't know.

So a good practice, nice people. It's going to be a fun weekend (I think, I hope...).

Tomorrow back to Lloyd Center for (hopefully) a short, quiet morning practice and then back to Sherwood in the evening for the "official practice".

Lisa. Competitor.

No comments: