Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Another Sweet Practice at Lloyd Center





Well, this blog is starting to get redundant: another day of nice ice and stellar customer service at the Lloyd Center rink. Sweet, smooth, perfect ice...



I went for the 10 am public session. The freestyle had just ended and the ice looked pretty good but not really good for figures. The staff was open to my asking for an ice-cut and 15 minutes later I had the ice to myself. I did notice today that it was slightly hillier than I had noticed in the past, but maybe I am just getting more aware of the "hill" phenomenon, something that I don't notice so much when I am doing dance and Moves, but with the figures you can really tell.


I'm wondering what's going on over there, though - for about 20 minutes I shared the ice with a figure skater and a guy in hockey skates - budding ice dancers, but otherwise it was just me. I'm surprised not to see the usual recreational skaters and occasional figure skater or hockey player. Of course, it was another sunny day in Portland, so maybe that is it.


Otherwise I guess this is just a secret that there is often empty ice (and very nice ice) to skate on at Lloyd Center!


News Flash: I just heard from one of my anonymous (even to them) reporters that the ice this morning at Valley was pretty good because they didn't have hockey prior to the morning freestyle session. This is good news for all of the Valley-ites!


Also my source reiterated the rumor that the early-morning freestyles on Mondays and Wednesdays will return sometime soon (date as yet undisclosed) but will most likely be cancelled again sometime in the fall, or whenever hockey season starts again (doesn't it seem like it is always hockey season?).

No comments: