Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Flat. A New Concept in Skating Rink Technology





Lloyd Center rink is pretty flat.


It's pretty easy to skate on.


It's a good thing, too, because there are a LOT of people that get their start skating there and not having to deal with hills probably means a lot more happy skaters.


This certainly made me a happy skater today.


A free public session (because I'm taking a class) in the morning. One other figure skater on the ice. No one in the mall.


This is my idea of skating-heaven.


So the ice was a little crunchy. So what? The ice was smooth and unencumbered by bad lighting, lumps, bumps or hills. Just nice, flat, pristine ice. A good practice. I can skate again. Sigh.


Hot flashes are a bit of a problem at this rink. In the cold rinks they just feel nice and I feel toasty. At Lloyd I have to get off for a minute until it dissipates. This is not a complaint. Just an observation.


Back this evening for my class. The ice is used because there has been an hour freestyle session just before the class. But it is no big deal. The class is good and I am happy.


So many happy smiling faces - small children, parents and various other rink denizens. All having fun in our skating community.

No comments: