Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rinkside (and on-ice) at Adult Sectionals


Had figures practice ice last night at Sherwood. The ice was not so good. Ridges from the zamboni were everywhere and my warm up patch in the near-corner was somewhat hilly and not in a way you might expect - uphill into a corner? Oh well... it was only warmup ice.

I tried doing a serpentine in the layout area but missed my centers completely. I will make a point not to use that area on Sunday morning as I must, must, MUST be able to see the centers. Absolutely.

Maybe there are some sort of special glasses with a filter that will filter out all glare from the lights on the figure ice... I wonder if there would be much of a market for that?

I was at the rink today to judge several events. I sure hope they have better ice for the figure ice tomorrow morning because I sure saw a lot of ruts in the ice today and would NOT want to try to put my figures on that ice... of course it could be an excuse ("oh, sorry - I never mess up like that - it must be the ice!!").
Otherwise everyone seemed happy. It's great to see so many adults competing with nary a child in sight, except those there to cheer on mom or grandma!

One more day.

Praying for good ice.

No comments: