Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Quiet Session at "Little Shiny" Rink (LC)





Oh, it's getting really redundant - skating at the Lloyd Center rink at the 10 am public - very nice... ice is flat... good... very few people on the ice... an opportunity to practice figures for a half-hour and then just having a nice, nice skate... pleasant people who work there...


Is it all just a little bland? The sameness... the niceness... the food court smells...


I could get used to this, but probably won't - most likely heading off to Valley at least one day this week because I got this photograph from the enigmatic "skatecam" this morning of the ice at Valley today.

It looks beautiful - so pristine and white... in reality I heard (again, from the enigmatic "skatecam") that it was still full of hockey ruts (what do you expect for a Tuesday after "old man hockey") had some hills and valleys in the hockey boxes, but was "skateable".

Sigh... What more can you expect?

My loyalties have been split...

I think a Mt. View session is in my future - there is a coffee club there on M and W around noon. will have to try it. Maybe next week...

No comments: