Friday, April 4, 2008

At Lloyd Center, You Never Know



Who or what is going to see you skate!!




So yeah, some people like the idea of skating in private seclusion at the other area rinks. At Lloyd Center you don't have that luxury - anyone can see you in all of your skating glory, which at times is not so pretty!!


So today I got there for the 10 am public. There were only a few people there and the ice was very nice. I went over to the end and set up some figures and was very happy to be doing so. I was doing a (for me) very nice back-outside eight and I saw these people standing near the corner of the ice looking at me. You learn to not look back and so I ignored them and just concentrated on my figure, the tracing, my position, feeling more CORE, etc. Then I could hear the one guy saying something like, "Hey lady -blah, blah, blah". Again I just ignored him - I figured if he wanted to say something he would say it again.


So as I came around the guy says, "Hey, you know they don't do figures anymore!" I just said, without looking, "Well, I still do!" and that was that. But that bugged me. I thought, "Who is this guy and what does he know about figures or whatever... -- What????"


It really bugged me. I wondered if it was someone I knew. This also really bugged me. Why didn't he just say, "Hi Lisa" or something.


Then I saw his wife and realized who it was - a friend who is quite a joker!!


But still you never know who might see you skating at the Lloyd Center Ice Rink.
And then there are the smells from the food court, wafting down at you...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While we're talking about Lloyd Center... Do you know when will the rink be closed for Rose Festival this year and for how long?

Lisa Hoberg said...

It's usually the 2nd or 3rd week of June I think...

Don?

Anonymous said...

I know it's closing right after the in house competition, which is June 1st...so I assume it shuts down the 2nd...

Anonymous said...

Don just told me. June 2nd - 8th.