Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another Beautiful Day at Little Shiny

Such beautiful ice! Such beautiful service! 1.5 miles from my house! Warm!

Okay, so the music situation leaves a little to be desired. I think I can play my own CDs on the public, but I'm not sure. It seems like one of the skaters does this, but I can't tell if it is allowed or whether the staff is just placating a certain individual... so today I put on my iPod, which was good, UNTIL they turned the volume up on the speakers so loud that I couldn't hear the iPod!!

Today the ice was so beautiful it looked like glass - literally - or maybe a mirror - just beautiful - maybe just a little crunchy, but who cares?

And it is generally flat, although not completely, which I find amusing... You can't feel it unless you are trying to do figures, which of course, I like to do.

This is my last week of the "free" public sessions (since I am taking a class) and I've decided not to do it for the next 8-week class period since the summer vacation will start at about week 6 of the class and I know that I won't want to go to the publics during the summer. I think.

I will have to think about it.

Maybe I will do some calculations and see if will still make sense to take the class. It will probably turn out cheaper in the long run... even with those weeks of missed public sessions due to "Kool Kamp" (which is a great thing for the kid-set - camp at the ice rink? What a concept!!)

These morning public sessions also seem to be very popular among the "mom and me" crowd (parent and me?) - 3 and 4 year olds coming to skate with their moms. Luckily they are pretty predictable and generally stay around the edges - which is great, unless I am doing some killer dance-patterns...

Well, enough rambling for today. no photographs/graphics as blogger seems to be having some type of problem with that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Public during the summer is hard to predict. It's busy from 10-12 and 2-4 when Kool Kamp is on the ice. Other that that, it's often not too bad unless groups come in, which they often do. Even during the morning, it's usually just the campers on the ice.