Friday, February 29, 2008

The Hills that Are Valley...


What can I say? Another day of bumpy, hilly ice at Valley - so disappointing after the much-improved ice earlier this week. Am I just getting too spoiled skating at those other, flatter, cleaner rinks? I don't think so.

Trying to do figures there is very difficult. Up-down-up-down - all in the course of one circle! Speeding up right before you do the turn on the 3s is a little disconcerting (think: little screams inside my head) to say the least, especially when you are trying to learn control. I suppose it might be good for my proprioception (the thing in your ear and head that keeps you upright) to try to find that balance point all of the time, but give me a break!!!

Of course, it still feels like "home" and I miss my friends when I am skating at those other, lovely rinks. Makes me wonder how this is all going to play out.

Stay tuned. Will probably skate at Sherwood and LC next week because of the upcoming figures competition. After that - who knows?

No comments: